Friday, September 10, 2010

Word from West Texas: "Loved Enough"

In August, 2008, John P. Van Dusen and his wife moved from Fort Collins, Colorado, to West Texas, to help build The Bridge,a contemporary worship service in a new space in a traditional Protestant church.

Sidda: Daddy, did you get loved enough?
Shep: What's enough? My question is, did you?

John writes, "I caught this dialog in the middle of Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and it has stuck with me, worked at me, and shaped me poco a poco. I hardly noticed how much this simple question troubles us all until I sat down and tried to answer it. The easy answer is, “Sure, I think so” but it’s that “I think so” lingering at the end that causes me to pause."
CLICK HERE to read the rest of John's post at Into the West Texas Sun

No comments: