Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Word from Uganda: "Ugh!! UMEME!"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

Ugh!! UMEME!

“Ugh!--- UMEME!!” I find myself saying this phrase a lot recently, well at least in my head. UMEME is the local word for power or electricity. And for the last month we have had power twenty four hours on, twenty four hours off- at best. Lame! They call this load shedding.
CLICK HERE to read the rest of Natalie's post


If you are interested in supporting LCH by sponsoring one of the 90 children, go to ugandaorphans.org/ If you are interested in financially supporting Natalie in her mission, you can send checks (with "Natalie Rolfe" in memo) to: Midland Bible Church, 2800 North A Street, Midland, TX 79705

No comments: