Thursday, October 29, 2020

From Austin Seminary: "Honor those who have helped you along your spiritual path"

• All Saints Remembrance Week, October 25-November 3


"There is a saying in Zen philosophy, 'When the student is ready the master will come.' I have been particularly blessed to have experienced this when Louis Zbinden arrived at Austin Seminary. While I was a student there, I took every class I could under Louis, and, like a sponge, soaked up all that I could from him. He was a font of wisdom, had a life of experience, and was eager to shepherd the next generation. He was a Christian gentleman in the best sense of the phrase; a person to emulate.

This All Saints Week, I am honoring Louis with a memorial gift in his name. I encourage everyone to honor the people who helped lead you down your own spiritual path with a gift in their memory."
– Dick Powell (MDiv’07) 


No comments: