Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

Guidance

A Prayer for Wholeness by Patricia B. Clark

"Lord, I have become too busy:

     too busy for you,
     too busy for me,
     too busy for those who need me.

Gather the fragments of my scattered self.

Help me to discern what is important and what is expendable.

It is so difficult, this business of giving-of being all for you.

I am overwhelmed by its enormity and lose sight of its utter simplicity.

Show me how to let go-to give up control -

     that you might draw and bend and mold and carry,

Lord, in your goodness and incomprehensible love for me,

     That I may be now and ever one in you,

     Gather the fragments of my scattered self.”


Women’s Uncommon Prayers; Our Lives Revealed, Nurtured, Celebrated
edited by Elizabeth Rankin Geitz, Marjorie A. Burke, Tracy J. Sukraw

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Intercessor,

Thank you so much for your prayers for the women (and also the few brave men) who participated in the 2012 Churchwide Gathering of Presbyterian Women in Orlando, Florida last week and for the team that worked the Faces of Children booth there. Let me tell you, God heard and answered those prayers in abundance!

Hundreds and hundreds of women came through the Faces of Children exhibit booth last week and made beaded prayer prompts to remind them to pray for children. Many new prayer partners/intercessors also committed to pray for children regularly using the Faces of Children ministry materials. Will you join with me in welcoming these new prayer partners and in giving God thanks for answering these prayers so generously? Thank you!

The Faces of Children prayer group will meet on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride’s room at First Presbyterian Church-Midland, with lunch ($5) and fellowship to follow.


If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children, those who care for them, those who have authority over them, or those who harm them (the really hard prayers to say sometimes), please send them to me at at claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call.

Grace and peace,

Chris

No comments: