Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

"A Return to Prayer ..."

"Dear God,
I desire to help create a new context for human work and wealth,
in which all people might prosper, in which all poverty might disappear, in which all of us might achieve as you would have us achieve, and give to others as you would have us give.
Let the illusions that hold us back, dear God, as individuals and as a society, now disappear.
Let me have new energy.
Let me have a new sense of purpose.
Let me know that I am on this earth to serve.
Let me not feel guilty about the expression of my power.
Let me no longer play small, regardless of other people's reactions to me when I play big.
I am willing to receive an expanded set of options that you, dear God, might work miracles in my life, that you might cast out all negative and limited conditions of this world.
May I receive a future unlike the past, for myself and others.
For I now open my mind to possibilities I have not dreamed of, to forces of life I have not allowed in, and to realms of joy I have hardly imagined.
I let go.
I release everything that blocks me in this endeavor, from my past, from my present, and from my future.
May I awaken from the dream of my inadequate self.
Amen."

Illuminata, a Return to Prayer by Marianne Williamson

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

We will meet to pray for children this Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride's room at
First Presbyterian Church, Midland. We'll have lunch ($5) and a time of fellowship afterwards.

If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children at risk, those who care for them, have authority over them, or, yes, even those who harm them, please send them to me at at
claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call. Thank you for praying for the children of our global and local communities!

With a rejoicing heart,
Chris

No comments: