Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Word from Uganda: "Prayer Requests"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

Prayer Requests

The following requests are posted this month on Natalie's blog.

Lulwanda Children's Home:
While you are on summer vacation from school, our kids are in full swing with Term 2. Pray for the students and teachers to remained focused and excited about what they are learning
Pray for all the mission teams that will be traveling to Uganda over the next 4 months- whether for work at LCH or for church plant missions * Pray for the tax issuse with the container (that was sent at the begining of the year) to be cleared so that we can beging using those items
Pray for the coming election in Feb. 2011- that God would raise up the proper leader for this nation
Pray for health and against Malaria
Pray for unity among all staff members and that we would daily be reminded that we are here to serve these kids and without them, none of us would be here (at LCH)
Pray for the new Phonics teacher- teacher Irene- as I am training her and she will soon begin taking over my classes
Pray for the P7 class as they continue to study hard for the national exams in November
Pray that the road from Mbale to LCH will be fixed. Pray against corrupt people using the money for roads on their own things

Personal:
Pray for my travels back to the USA (June 21-Aug 1)
Pray for my health and safety
Pray for a heart that seeks Him first, and His kingdom and righteousness
Pray for the financial provision for a car
Pray for transition, purpose, and creativity
PRAISES:
Nellie's head has healed completely and there will be no need for another surgery (as per now)
Dyana (Nana) had a successful bone marrow transplant
A new staff van that runs smoothly
The continued Friday fellowship time at LCH
Continued safetly on the roads as many people travel to and fro everyday


If you are interested in supporting LCH by sponsoring one of the 90 children, go to www.ugandaorphans.org If you are interested in financially supporting Natalie in her mission, you can send checks (with "Natalie Rolfe" in memo) to: Midland Bible Church, 2800 North A Street, Midland, TX 79705

No comments: