|SAST Photo by Arthur Spragg|
By Matthew McDaniel, Reporter
• San Angelo Standard Times
SAN ANGELO, TEXAS - The congregation of Immanuel Baptist Church, 90 E. 14th St, formed on July 10, 1910 following a revival meeting conducted in a a tent at 16th Street and North Chadbourne, according to Mrs. James Caldwell, in a Standard-Times interview about the church from 1971.
The group had 19 charter members, and chose the name "Immanuel" meaning "God with Us," organized to serve the growing population of North San Angelo ...
• Read the rest of this SAST report