Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Word from Uganda: "National Sports Competition, Mbale"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

National Sports Competition, Mbale

"This year Mbale hosted the National Sports Competition. Districts from all over Uganda brought the best of the best from the primary schools in their area to compete in running and field events. Thousands of students invaded Mbale, sleeping in area primary schools, all with the mission to bring back boasting rights to their area,” Natalie writes. "Lulwanda Children's Home Primary School was blessed to have two students qualify to the national level: Ivan K and Abel.”
CLICK HERE to read the rest of Natalie's post

If you are interested in supporting LCH by sponsoring one of the 90 children, go to www.ugandaorphans.org If you are interested in financially supporting Natalie in her mission, you can send checks (with "Natalie Rolfe" in memo) to: Midland Bible Church, 2800 North A Street, Midland, TX 79705

No comments: