Friday, March 2, 2012

Today in the PC-USA Mission Yearbook

The Mission Yearbook for Prayer & Study is a daily devotional with 365 inspiring mission stories that come from next door and all across the globe. It inspires thousands of Presbyterians daily as they uphold the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in intercessory prayer. The stories in the 2012 Mission Yearbook were gathered around the prayer of Paul for the Colossians, that these faithful brothers and sisters would bear fruit and grow in the knowledge of God (1:10).

Today in the Mission Yearbook: March 2, 2012

MINUTE FOR MISSION: WORLD DAY OF PRAYER - How many times through the years have I heard myself saying, "Yes, I will pray for you and your situation." That heartfelt promise was made with a sincere desire to follow through, yet often the day would get away from me, and my prayer for that person and that specific situation somehow would not happen. It's not that I didn't mean it when I said it; it's not that I didn't want to pray, as I have seen the power of prayer and know the blessings of intercessory prayer. Why was it so hard to actually pray? Was it really just the busy-ness of the day?
CLICK HERE to read more.

No comments: