Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WAW Wednesday: The Word is at Work in Belize and in US!

"The Word at Work is a ministry that mobilizes churches and individuals to answer God's call to minister to those in need," writes Rev. Tim Tam, Director of the Amarillo, Texas-based ministry. "Through our relationships, God reveals needs and opportunities for service. As we come along side the poor, new friendships develop and doors for ministry open. As we serve, God provides the resources to supply for the needs he reveals."


The Word is at Work ... in US!

Dear friends,

The Word at Work's mission is to glorify Jesus Christ by connection needs with resources and people with opportunities to serve. We often emphasize the needs of our friends in Belize that are generously met by the material and financial resources of our US partners; but, what about the opportunities to serve that allow God to work in US?

I am a monthly donor to The Word at Work's operational budget because I have experienced first-hand the value of TWAW's mission! I recently returned from a trip to Valley of Peace (VOP) in Belize where I was encouraged to use my gifts of administration and orgnanization with VOP Partners and their high school scholarship program. TWAW has assisted with this scholarship program for several years. Their staff made introductions for me to key people in VOP; they provided critical history and information that allowed me to initiate the work I've been called to do; TWAW empowered me to answer the call God placed on my life to assist in VOP.

During my time there I was inspired to hear the dreams of some 40 students ... I was humbled by the friendship and love shared with me by my host family. Helping these students and establishing relationships in VOP has enriched my spirit, and made me keenly aware of my dependence on and need for God.

Scripture tells us, "Each one of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." I can apply every word of those verses to being willing to give of my time and being committed to the work He prepared in advance for me to do. The word at work helped me discover this work!

TWAW's staff and method of ministry enabled this life-changing experience - from arranging for my host home and transportation, to making the personal connections and introductions, and prayerfully encouraging and guiding me. TWAW's mission is truly important as the Word is at Work in Belize and in US!

Financial support for TWAW's operations budget is critical for this kind of opportunity for willing Christians to invest spiritually in God's work.

Please become a monthly donor to The Word at Work today by clicking here. Thank you!

Gratefully,

Janie Thomas TWAW Board member

ps: Our Ministry Associate team gathers school supplies, toys, and stuffed animals through out the year ... we've discovered blankets are an ongoing need as well, so please be saving them, too. Click here to learn more about becoming a TW@W Ministry Associate, or get in touch with Tim Hagen for more information!


EDITOR'S NOTE: Speaking from my own first-hand experience - working side-by-side with Tim, Kenny and our brothers and sisters in Belize - won't you give thoughtful, prayerful consideration to supporting the efforts of Tim, the Word At Work staff and their partners? Please please fill out this Commitment Card and return it to their office!

Also, remember that you can follow The Word At Work on their Facebook page!

No comments: