Wednesday, March 11, 2015

In the News ... "Time to do something different"

OA Photo by Courtney Sacco
• Former prison inmate now ministers to downtrodden

By Bob Campbell, Reporter
Odessa American

ODESSA, TEXAS - From his arrests on alcohol, drug and weapons charges and his prison terms, the Rev. Jami Butts has come a long way.

Now pastor of the Agape Dream Center’s eight-bed Freedom House Discipleship Home in West Odessa and leading a $650,000 fundraising effort to build a new home next to his 1618 E. Murphy St., church, Butts draws on his own harsh experiences to guide those who struggle like he did.

“When I received my call to the ministry, I was in jail waiting to go to prison the second time.” he said. “I had always run from the call God had on my life, but I knew it was time to do something different” ...

read the rest of this OA report ...



No comments: