Saturday, March 7, 2015

In the News ... "Local Missionaries Provide Help Despite ISIS Threat"

Courtesy Photo
• "We have to trust that God is in control and if it’s our time, it’s our time”

By Lauren Lanmon, Reporter
KOSA-TV


ODESSA/MIDLAND, TEXAS - The threats of the Islamic state in Iraq and Syria has struck fear into the lives of many living all around the world.

But for missionaries looking to help those in need, the threat seems non-existent. Missionaries in the Permian Basin have been stateside, some to Canada and other safe countries, but they have definitely ventured out.

“Before I went on the trip, I have seven children so I went and got my will in order with my attorney and my wife went and checked on my life insurance and the life insurance agent told her over the phone, ‘of course you’re covered in another country unless you go somewhere crazy like Iraq,’ and my wife says ‘well, funny you should say that because that’s where he is going,’” said Midland Medical Doctor Richard Bartlett.

Bartlett spent 10 days in Dohuk only 30 minutes from the ISIS headquarters in Mosul ...

read/watch the rest of this KOSA report ... 


No comments: