Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Equal Exchange Blog ... "Fair Trade and My Faith"

Equal Exchange's mission is to build long-term trade partnerships that are economically just and environmentally sound, to foster mutually beneficial relationships between farmers and consumers and to demonstrate, through our success, the contribution of worker co-operatives and Fair Trade to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable world.


Fair Trade and My Faith

Each year as I look ahead to the Easter Season celebrated in my Catholic faith tradition, I anticipate the Emmaus Scripture Reading. The two disciples, traveling on the road to Emmaus are joined by the risen Jesus, but do not recognize him until he breaks bread with them. For me, the Emmaus reading so relates to how I want to live... to encounter and to be in relationship and solidarity, and yes, it even relates to Fair Trade ...

CLICK HERE to read the rest of this post

No comments: