Friday, June 17, 2016

In the News ... "Comic Michael Jr. keeps it clean for the sake of his kids"

Photo by Matt Kinsley
• TONIGHT at First Baptist Church of Odessa

Rich Lopez, Reporter
Midland Reporter-Telegram

ODESSA, TEXAS - When comedian Michael Jr. got his first booking to play a church, he was nervous. Despite a career that has taken him to appear on “The Tonight Show,” “Comedy Central” and a show in Las Vegas, he was out of his comfort zone. In short, it didn’t make sense.

“Not at all. I was afraid too because the churches I grew up, you couldn’t laugh. You were supposed to sit there miserable for six hours,” he said by phone from his Dallas office. “I was scared the cross behind me would fall on me.”

His fears subsided and now churches are part of his regular itinerary. He’ll play First Baptist Church-Odessa tonight ...

 • read the rest of this MRT report

No comments: