Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Mercy Trips Summer Outreach: "A wonderful day of worship and rest"


Partnering with local healthcare workers and churches in medically underserved countries, Odessa, Texas-based Mercy Trips Healthcare Outreach provides free medical clinics and surgical care as an outreach of Christian love for our fellow man. 




Another good day of service"

July 31

The team had a wonderful day of worship and rest today. After a spirit-filled church service we had lunch at the king's palace here in Fort Portal. (The king is out of town and pastor Moses, who is his uncle, arranged permission). Then we stopped at the coffee shop for a latte and spent a relaxing evening together at the hotel.

How have your expectations about this trip matched up with the reality?

This team has exceeded my expectations by far - they are a small but mighty team and we all laugh together like a family around the dinner table - Craig

Served the most hours on this mission trip and well worth every minute of giving! - Natalie

Coming to Uganda Natalie told me to expect the worst, just hard living conditions and working long days.. But being here has surpassed my expectations. The hotel is wonderful for where we're at, and the people here are so accommodating to us. Also, the LOVE I have for the people here. I never knew I could love on this level for people I hardly know. They truly have touched my heart. - Jasmin

I was unsure of my expectations for this trip, I just knew I needed to do this and I needed to be here. But, what I didn't expect was to click so quickly with my team, I just love everyone of them. I also did not expect to see the level of poverty that exits here. - Shannon

I understood the need for really hard work, but did not expect the level of poverty! - Johnette

Having been on 7 other Mercy trips I really had no real expectations other than knowing that we would be working hard. I have been pleasantly surprised by how quickly the team bonded. - Judi

Since I've been on several trips I really did not have many expectations. This team has exceeded my expectations. The bond between all of us is incredible! It's easy for groups to divide but we truly are one!

I've also been touched by how God has confirmed the importance of our work here by a medical student sharing he is in school for medicine because Dr Craig treated him several years ago. A nursing student who graduated this year sent us a message thanking us for inspiring him to go to nursing school. - Christine

My example is a little specific. This morning for church I had no idea what the service would be like or what to expect. The service was so full of life, and they received us as though we were guests of honor( which I thought was crazy). The service was so different from what I'm use to but it was tons of fun, with dancing and worship. Also when we first got to Uganda, I was handed a room key, and Mari was told she would be my roomie(Mari: but I don't know her, I just met her, me: oh no how awkward) Mari was not happy that she would have a roommate.Anyway we have clicked so well since then, I couldn't have asked for a better roommate:) she totally exceeded my expectations! Love her:) - Jetcy

I did not expect to have a room-mate. I've was partnered up w/Jetcy... (Above comment 😗) I confessed to Jetcy I did not pack PJs. I brought so many kiddie-goodies I condensed my carry-on. Soo I slept w/clothes till someone borrowed me comfy clothes. Yet, the kid- goodies is not enough, which makes me think... I need to return with more smile emoticon:). - Mari

I've been on several trips and have not had many new expectations, but am surprised at how quickly everyone came together as new best friends, most especially the new people. This has been one of the best transitioned trips in a while. Jim I expected a much bigger team... But, this much smaller team of 10 Munzungo's & 10 Ugandan's has seen as many patients as our teams of over 30! More importantly, we have gelled as brothers & sisters in Christ - we are a family. And..., I can't stop smiling. - Dr. Jack

Visit Mercy Trips' Facebook page for this and other posts.



Mercy Trips Healthcare Outreach
P.O. Box 13795
Odessa, TX 79768

No comments: