Sunday, August 14, 2016

Today in the PC-USA Mission Yearbook


The Mission Yearbook for Prayer and Study is a daily devotional with 365 inspiring mission stories that come from next door and all across the globe. It inspires thousands of Presbyterians daily as they uphold the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in intercessory prayer.

Today in the Mission Yearbook: August 14, 2016

MINUTE FOR MISSION: COLLEGE AND YOUNG ADULTS SUNDAY - So, what exactly does a chaplain do?”

It’s a question I’m often asked when I tell people that I’m a college chaplain. I don’t really have “typical” days. Like most pastors, chaplains do a little of everything. We put together programs, organize and lead worship (weddings and memorials included) and counsel students.

In his book Reaching Out, Henri Nouwen recounts a story of walking the campus at Notre Dame with an experienced professor who, as they strolled along, said to him, “My whole life I have been complaining that my work was constantly interrupted, until I discovered that my interruptions were my work.” If ever there was an apt description of ministry in higher education, that is it: a ministry of interruptions ...

CLICK HERE to read more.

No comments: