Thursday, August 4, 2016

Scarlet Threads Blog ... "Faith is a muscle - Part II"


Scarlet Threads is a compassionate boutique, specializing in fairly-traded handmade aprons and wire art. We're working to transform the lives of rural men & women across the globe through dignified and safe employment opportunities. You can be a part of our vision by purchasing one of our beautiful products! www.scarletthreads.org



Faith is a muscle - Part II

The following summer, God began to remind Sara and myself of the adoption calling He had placed in us long ago. As painful as it sounded to re-enter this arena, we knew God had confirmed it again to us through His word. My wife was given “Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you.” (Isaiah 43:5 ESV) This time, we were led to inquire about adopting from China!

"International adoption... that's insane, Lord!?!? Do you have any idea how much that will cost?!?" These were my most holy of prayers at the beginning. I had never traveled outside of the United States, we had no passports, no significant savings or assets to sell ...

Read the rest of this post ...

Read Faith is a muscle - Part I ...

No comments: