Presented by Bible Gateway"Day 22"
"The measure with which God gives the gift of visible community is varied. Christians who live dispersed from one another are comforted by a brief visit of another Christian, a prayer together, and another Christian’s blessing. Indeed, they are strengthened by letters written by the hand of other Christians. Paul’s greetings in his letters written in his own hand were no doubt tokens of such community. Others are given the gift on Sundays of the community of the worship service. Still others have the privilege of living a Christian life in the community of their families."
"Now concerning love of the brothers and sisters, you do not need to have anyone write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another, and indeed you do love all the brothers and sisters throughout Macedonia." — 1 Thessalonians 4:9
Questions to Ponder
• Why is Christian community so important for the life of faith?
• What are the things that weaken community?
• What are the things that strengthen community?
“Worship the Lord with gladness; come into his presence with singing. Know that the Lord is God. It is he that made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture ...” — Psalm 100:2-3
• Write about how the gift of Christian community has been a blessing to you.
• What kinds of Christian communities are you a part of?
• Do you have a spiritual friend, someone with whom you can speak about faith, confide in, who encourages you, guides you and, if needed, corrects you․and for whom you are the same? If so, reflect on that relationship and what it means to you. If not, could you build a friendship like that?
Prayer for Today
Lord, enable me to be a strength of my Christian communities, and faithful in my spiritual friendships.