Thursday, March 9, 2017

Today in the PC-USA Mission Yearbook


The Mission Yearbook for Prayer and Study is a daily devotional with 365 inspiring mission stories that come from next door and all across the globe. It inspires thousands of Presbyterians daily as they uphold the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in intercessory prayer.


Today in the Mission Yearbook: March 4, 2017

MIGRANTS AND VICTIMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING - “I am a Korean-American Presbyterian, but that does not define all I am,” were the opening lines of my seminary application essays, ordination process paperwork and grant applications. Those lines came at a turning point after serving as a Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) in Egypt in 2003. Those applications helped me re-evaluate my 20-something years of life, with special focus on short-term mission experiences as a high school student, college student and young adult. I sensed the stirrings of ministry that might look more multicultural than the boundaries of my familiar upbringing. At the same time, Korea was becoming more than a place to visit my extended family and a reason to wake up early Saturday morning for language school. As I learned more about my history, heritage and faith, I began to recognize and appreciate my calling to mission ...

CLICK HERE to read more.


No comments: