Thursday, January 10, 2019

In the News ... Everyday Hero: "Lydia Gonzales makes a difference in the lives of troubled youth"

EDITOR'S NOTE: Through the beginning of the New Year, the Reporter-News is running stories on Everyday Heroes, people making a difference in their communities, often without receiving recognition.

ARN Photo by Larry Zelisko
“I want to guide them in any way I can, to motivate them to be successful.”

By Larry Zelisko, Reporter
Abilene Reporter-News

ABILENE, TEXAS - Inscribed inside Lydia Gonzales’ senior ring from Hardin-Simmons University are the words “All My Children.”

The inscription refers not only to her three children but also her children’s friends – and all the children she works with as a juvenile probation officer and through the juvenile justice alternative education program.

“This isn’t just a job, it’s like my life, my second family,” Gonzales said ...

Read the rest of this ARN report ...

No comments: