Thursday, January 15, 2015

Partners Blog: "My experiences with cross-cultural medical training"

Steve and Oddny Gumaer started Partners Relief and Development in response to the needs of refugees and displaced people from Burma. Their mission is to demonstrate, through holistic action, God’s love to children and communities made vulnerable by war in Burma.


My experiences with cross-cultural medical training

I had the opportunity to visit Shan Medical Training in Shan State in September for two and a half weeks, taking a break from my job as a Paramedic Lecturer in Auckland, New Zealand. The adventure across the border was a stunning introduction to what are the most beautiful places I have ever been. The students were the most attentive and hard working students I have ever encountered. What struck me when teaching these students is the significant depth of knowledge that they already had and could apply. This made teaching an enjoyable challenge as they required advanced material and well structured lessons ...

read the rest of this post




Partners Relief and Development is a registered charity in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States, working with communities impacted by war in Burma. For more information aboput Partners, visit their website at partnersworld.org/

No comments: