Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Partners Blog: "Naw Eh Blue Paw’s Story"

Steve and Oddny Gumaer started Partners Relief and Development in response to the needs of refugees and displaced people from Burma. Their mission is to demonstrate, through holistic action, God’s love to children and communities made vulnerable by war in Burma.


Naw Eh Blue Paw’s Story

My name is Naw Eh Blue Paw. I’m 38 years old, married with four children. One of my daughters is handicapped from a preventable condition. I have a passion for disease prevention. In Lo Ta Village, many people used to die from malaria. Also many of our children died young from diarrhea, fevers and coughing. Now the situation is so much better. I have been the village health worker since we started the program here in 2011. I have learned the correct way to care for fevers and diarrhea – that can save a child’s life. I’ve learned how to assess for and treat malaria. Now, for a simple case, my neighbor does not have to hike three hours to the clinic whilst feverish and in pain ...

read the rest of this post




Partners Relief and Development is a registered charity in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States, working with communities impacted by war in Burma. For more information aboput Partners, visit their website at partnersworld.org/

No comments: