Monday, October 2, 2023

From @mmm_water ... 2023 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2023. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

October 2, 2023

GIVE ME WATER TO DRINK
Eden Ngiluke
MMM Field Officer, Tanzania

"Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?” The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:37-40

We are working together as MMM family, I think it will be beautiful if we begin working on that Bible verse that expresses very well what Jesus wants us to do for the least. Actually that verse surprises me very much because it is very fitting for each one of us.

One of the most demanding things for me is travelling to villages of my working area Iringa District and whenever I found village members are using unsafe water I feel solemn obligation in my heart to ensure that together with MMM those people will have access to safe and clean water.

Let’s thank God for the opportunity He has given us today to stay strong together as MMM family; with this family we are reminded that Jesus came to bring the good news to the poor. He had told us what that good news is when He said, “My peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.” He came to give peace of heart which comes from loving and doing good to others, so we are chosen to help the needy.

It is not enough for us to say “I love God” but also to love my neighbor.

Application Question: Are you ready to do good to others today?

Prayer: Dear God, thank You for the Gift of Life. Thank You for Your Faithfulness. Indeed, You are Great. You alone are God. Lord, we humbly ask that You may continue to guide and bless us. Walk with us, for without You, we can do nothing. May Your face shine upon us. Give us strength, wisdom and knowledge to stay positive, committed to our goals and excel above our expectations. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.



Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: