Tuesday, October 3, 2023

From @mmm_water ... 2023 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2023. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

October 3, 2023

BUILD UP
Lisa Breese
Volunteer, Georgia

"Let us do all we can to live in peace. And let us work hard to build up one another." Romans 14:19

As any journey starts, humans reflect on where this journey may lead them, what the journey may provide, or worry about the journey itself. Today’s society is hard on our emotional, mental, and spiritual essences. Instead of offering a helping hand, we often turn away from people, too busy in our life journeys. One simple word of praise, encouragement, gratitude or even a simple smile may be what a person needs to hear to help build up their souls. Instead of tearing down what people do or say, looking to find a way to help build one another up may be rewarding. Peace will come when we as a collective start helping and encouraging one another.

Through my interactions with people, I focus on positivity people may have to offer. I often speak with people in my job only to see how not only other people, but they themselves beat themselves down. They are not good enough, not smart enough, not able to learn. Why is listening to the negativity so easy; however, positivity is a struggle. Even though I work with computers and people, I have learned to become more of a silent counselor to people. Listening, offering the encouragement or a kind story where needed.

Peace. Living in peace. Loving, kindness, giving. When people ask me what I would like more than anything, my first thought is Peace. I do not say it out loud because peace is a big concept. Peace in ourselves, peace in others, peace in the world. Everyone is different, everyone has different ideologies; however, if we can look through differences and offer the peace with have within ourselves to others, perhaps one day we will live in peace.

As I start my journey to Malawi, my focus will be my own internal peace and helping to build others up to let them know there are people who care, people who want the same thing as they do.

Application Question: Today, how can I live in peace? How can I build up others?

Prayer: Please God help guide me to show peace and compassion to all of Your creatures. Amen



Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: