Friday, April 11, 2014

Give a Gift for the Lenten Season

EDITOR'S NOTE: All this season, we have been sharing with you a Lenten Devotional written by professors, graduates, and others in the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary community, offering reflections, prayers, and spiritual practices will take you along the journey with Jesus through the cross toward resurrection.



A Special Message from the Seminary: I hope you received your Lenten devotion in the mail and that it is an inspiration in your journey. You can also read it online. The season of Lent offers an opportunity to reflect on our lives and seek a more faithful path. Kristi Click is a senior who will graduate from Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary in May. I invite you to meditate on Kristi's words as she considers Lent through the lens of her internship at the Stewpot of First Presbyterian Church, Dallas ...

"As I reflect on what Lent means to me while I serve a homeless population, I remember that I have received the benefits of Christ's sacrifice given for me in salvation. And so, in turn, I am striving to give of myself - to repent of my desire to live for anything or anyone other than God - and live out Christ's love for the world through my love of others. I am reminded that self-denial and bearing our crosses means valuing Jesus and the reign of God as the true treasure in our lives - beyond all other interests. I am spiritually renewed each and every day as I look into the eyes of our clients - in anticipation of the death and resurrection of Christ - and I remember that God has given everyone on this earth a gift of the spirit to live out this resurrection, through loving others ... whatever form that may take."

Thank you for being a part of Austin Seminary. We depend upon the generosity of people like you to fulfill our mission. Please consider making a gift that will help students like Kristi prepare for ministry. With your help, they will be able to follow the path laid before them by Christ. 

Ted Wardlaw
President of Austin Seminary

P.S. You can read more about Kristi's journey at austinseminary.edu/faces
.

No comments: