Monday, April 14, 2014

Invitation to Prayer: Wednesday ... NEW Location

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

Be at Home


“Jesus, in whom the fullness of God dwells, has become our home. By making his home in us, he allows us to make our home in him. By entering into the intimacy of our innermost self, he offers us the opportunity to enter into his own intimacy with God. By choosing us as his preferred dwelling place, he invites us to choose him as our preferred dwelling place. This is the mystery of the incarnation …”

Lifesigns: Intimacy, Fecundity, and Ecstasy in Christian Perspective by Henri J. M. Nouwen

“God, my shepherd!
    I don’t need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
    you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
    you let me catch my breath
    and send me in the right direction …                   

You serve me a six-course dinner
    right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
    my cup brims with blessing.
 Your beauty and love chase after me
    every day of my life.
I’m back home in the house of God
    for the rest of my life."


Matthew 10:16-20, from The Message by Eugene Peterson

“Everlasting God, you have offered me an intimate place that I can call ‘home’ where I can rest and be healed. Help me accept this true home, where feelings and emotions can be expressed without censorship. Let this home be a place where it is good to be; a house where love is always present. Amen.”

Lent and Easter Wisdom by Henri J. M. Nouwen

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Intercessor,
The renovation process at First Presbyterian Church, Midland has officially begun and every available inch of space that isn't involved in the renovation continues to be used. Our previous location, room 217, has been cordoned off for asbestos abatement, so we are now meeting in a new conference room, in what was once the weight room in the Family Life Center gym.


Don’t worry, all the furniture from the Bride’s room has been moved there and it is just like what we’re used to (aside from the random basketball hitting the windows ).
The Midland Faces of Children prayer group will meet in this new conference room on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at 11:30 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church-Midland,You can can park in either the Texas or Illinois street lots next to the Family Life Center and just head toward the gym. You’ll see the new meeting space at the back of the gym. After our time of prayer, we'll have lunch ($5) and fellowship. I hope you will be able to join us.

If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children, those who care for them, those who have authority over them, or those who harm them (the really hard prayers to say sometimes), please send them to me at at claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call.

Blessings,

Chris

No comments: