Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Invitation to Prayer: TOMORROW

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

Pray for One Another


“We often wonder what we can do for others….It is not a sign of powerlessness when we say: ‘We must pray for one another.’ To pray for one another is, first of all, to acknowledge, in the presence of God, that we belong to each other as children of the same God. Without this acknowledgement of human solidarity, what we do for one another does not flow from who we truly are ...

To pray, that is, to listen to the voice of the One who calls us ‘Beloved,’ is to learn that that voice excludes no one. Where I dwell, God dwells with me and where God dwells with me I find all my sisters and brothers.”


Here and Now: Living in the Spirit by Henri J. M. Nouwen
Abraham traveled from there south to the Negev... While he was camping in Gerar, Abraham said of his wife Sarah, “She’s my sister.” So Abimelech, king of Gerar, sent for Sarah and took her. But God came to Abimelech in a dream that night and told him, “You’re as good as dead—that woman you took, she’s a married woman.” Now Abimelech had not…touched her. He said, “Master, would you kill an innocent man? Didn’t he tell me, ‘She’s my sister’? And didn’t she herself say, ‘He’s my brother’? I had no idea I was doing anything wrong when I did this.” God said to him in the dream, “Yes, I know your intentions were pure, that’s why I kept you from sinning against me… So now return the man’s wife. He’s a prophet and will pray for you—pray for your life.”

The Message by Eugene Peterson

God of all, I am on this journey of life which is a cycle of life to life: I am born, I live, I die to be born to eternal life. As I pass through on this journey, let my own sinful self die and a new person rise to the challenges of praising you. I will keep the words of the liturgy ever in mind this Eastertide: “Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again. Amen.”

Lent and Easter Wisdom by Henri J. M. Nouwen


A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

The Midland Faces of Children prayer group will meet in the Koinonia Room at First Presbyterian Church-Midland on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. Beatrice Langariti from Uganda will be joining us for our time of prayer and then afterwards at lunch ($5). Please let Walter Thompson know if you will be attending: wthompson@fpcmid.org


If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children, those who care for them, those who have authority over them, or those who harm them (the really hard prayers to say sometimes), please send them to me at at claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call.

Blessings,

Chris

No comments: