Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Mercy Trips Summer Outreach: "First Impressions of Uganda"


Partnering with local healthcare workers and churches in medically underserved countries, Odessa, Texas-based Mercy Trips Healthcare Outreach provides free medical clinics and surgical care as an outreach of Christian love for our fellow man. 



First Impressions of Uganda

First Impressions of Uganda from our July 2016 newbies:

Jasmine: Sad, but happy seeing the conditions here, but happy to be able to help.

Jetcy: Reminds me a lot of India and made me feel like I was home. The people look so happy!

Marie: I was surprised by the number of men out and about. There were not many women or children out today. So many motors with men and no traffic symbols.

Johnet: I’m amazed and surprised at how close the towns are together and the number of shops with the homes in the back of the shop. For a country who doesn’t have anything, they spend a lot of time in the shops.

Shannon: Surreal feelings today … felt like pages from a National Geographic. I wanted the driver to slow

Marie: There appears to be so many men out and about but I did not see many women and children. down so I could see more. Impressed that at dark the people gather together for a meal!

Visit Mercy Trips' Facebook page for this and other posts.



Mercy Trips Healthcare Outreach
P.O. Box 13795
Odessa, TX 79768

No comments: