Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Word from Uganda: "Mbale Main Hospital"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

Courtesy Photo
Mbale Main Hospital

Most of life in Uganda is fairly the same as life in America, maybe just with a different backdrop or social norms. Everyone wants the most for their family, works hard for daily provisions, and seeks out a deeper meaning of life, on top of the daily things like eat, work, socialize, and sleep. But there are other things that are just so drastically different from the American standard, for example- medical care. Medical care is provided free from the government in Uganda. But this statement sounds a lot better than the actual deal. Though services are free, often you have to come with your own bedsheets, mosquito net, and medical supplies and purchase your own drugs for nurses to administer. Hospitals are not sterile, white walled environments with strict HIPA protocol, but instead often look like this ...

 • read the rest of Natalie's post ...

 • help raise funds for Natalie's mission ...

No comments: