Tuesday, December 25, 2018

In the News ... "Video+Gallery+Story: The Wondering Latina – Christmas in Tornillo"

EPHP Photo by
• This is happening and it’s happening right outside my hometown

By Yolitzma Aguirre, Reporter
El Paso Herald-Post


TORNILLO, TEXAS - It has been almost one year since my last column entry. I was on the campaign trail for these last midterm elections. Working on different campaigns led me to really get to know the people and communities of other areas of El Paso county that previously I had not visited as often, areas like San Elizario, Socorro, Fabens, Clint and Tornillo.

Now, with elections behind us, I was able to come home and the first place I wanted to visit was Tornillo. Since June, when the zero tolerance policy was passed and these children were separated from their parents, I – like many – have been looking for ways to get involved.

At first I tried calling the national numbers to see if I could get answers maybe we could organize a toy drive but I was constantly directed to dead ends, call this number, call that number etc…and every time no one had information for me. I decided to just head down to Tornillo and get answers for myself ...

Read/watch the rest of this EPHP report ...

No comments: