Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Teichert Prayer Letter for October

Karl and Jenny Teichert are serving the Lord as missionaries with OC Africa, in South Africa. They moved to Johannesburg in November, 1997 with their four children; Ann, Scott, Stephen and John. Karl serves as the Southern Africa Director of the Southern Africa Regional Team. Their vision is to see a healthy, Bible-based church established in every un-reached village and community in South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Zambia and beyond. Their strategy is to partner with key African church leaders to research, train, and mobilize the body of Christ to complete the Great Commission. They are striving to equip local leaders in Southern Africa to reach their nations for Christ and send missionaries into other countries as well.

October Letter ...
 
Dear family and friends, I have just recently finished half of my tenth grade year. I am attending a private Christian school called The King’s School in Johannesburg, South Africa. This year my grade had the opportunity to have some amazing experiences. We recently got to go on an outing to a prison. This was an eye-opening occasion seeing the prisoners and how they live and act. It was also a good reminder to be wise with the choices that I make and with the people I come across.

I have also been enjoying my art class. We have just finished painting self-portraits of ourselves and are now starting on sculptures of our heads. This has been fun and I have learned a lot about using different mediums and techniques. I hope to study something in the future related to art.

In the next few days I hope to start playing on the cricket team. I have been really involved in soccer but the season has now ended. I think it will be great to start up again with cricket since it has been a while since I have played.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. I have a lot of really great friends and I love living here in South Africa.

Love,

John


OC Africa is an interdenominational ministry committed to developing, equipping, and mobilizing church leaders to multiply healthy, Bible-based churches in every community in Southern Africa and the world. OC is a faith-based mission who depends on the Lord to provide committed, financial supporters and partners. The contributions from these individuals help generate ministry opportunities around the world, impact missionaries and their global work, and provide a means for the International Mobilization Center to function. CLICK HERE to learn how YOU can be a part of mobilizing church leaders around the world by donating to OC.

No comments: