Sunday, September 29, 2019

From @mmm_water ... 2019 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 14 - October 28 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2019. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

September 29, 2019

AS ANY HAD NEED
Rev. Suzanne Gorhau
Volunteer and MMM Board Member, Nebraska/Iowa

“All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need.”
Acts 2:44–45

This spring, areas of Nebraska and Iowa where I live were flooded. Entire towns were under water and numerous people lost their homes. At the time same, a cyclone hit Malawi, Zimbabwe and Mozambique. Over a thousand people died, there was extensive damage from winds and flooding, and many people were displaced. Both disasters happening at the same time reminded me that all of us experience difficulties.

Everyone in my church knew about the flooding in our area because we were living through it, and our friends and neighbors were affected. One of our church members brought our attention to the cyclone in Africa during our prayers in worship. It’s because I’ve told them about my friends in Africa, and now they pay attention to what’s happening in that part of the world. I often say our church is a connectional church. We are connected to one another because we’re all part of the body of Christ. We are sisters and brothers. When one part of the body hurts, we all hurt. We help one another.

One year I was installing wells around Kasungu. I got sick, and my coordinator, Jordan Banda, insisted I go to the hospital. So Maggie, the woman who runs the guest house where I was staying, took me to the hospital, helped me get my medical passport, see a doctor, and get some medicine. I was in need, and she met that need (and also cooked wonderful meals for me).

When we’re in need, God has given us brothers and sisters, and resources, to meet those needs.

Application Question: When was a time when you were in need, and a brother or sister in Christ met that need?

Prayer: Dear Jehovah-Jireh, our Provider, we know there will be times when we’re in need, and it can feel frightening and overwhelming. Remind us that You know what we need before we even ask, and that You are already providing for our needs through our brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen.




Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: