Thursday, October 28, 2021

From @mmm_water ... 2021 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2021. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

October 28, 2021

ARE YOU IN NEED?
Susie Selock
Volunteer, Illinois

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you.” John 15:7

It was a very hot and dusty day in early October in Western Central Malawi. The area was in its third year of drought and people were suffering. My husband Dan and I had been installing wells in this area for the past two weeks with our African brothers and sisters from Marion Medical Mission. Our days were long, from sun up to sundown. On this day we had started early and had been able to install seven wells before our lunch in the field.

After lunch, we arrived at our next well site. It was a flat dry field with no trees for shade, no breeze and very little vegetation. Unlike most of the other well installations, there was no greeting party of happy, excited villagers engulfing us as we got out of the truck and leading us to the well site with singing, dancing and smiles. The sun was intense and unforgiving. I was bone weary and felt I could not go on.

I had no energy or joy to muster up. My reserves had run dry. I asked God for strength. It was a very short prayer - Help me, Lord. Almost immediately help arrived. It came in the form of a crowd of about 50 children magically appearing at the horizon, singing and coming toward us. They happily surrounded me and began giving me “high fives.” I felt the coolness of God’s spirit in that instant, completely forgetting the heat of the blazing sun. I saw God’s love clearly reflected in these happy welcoming young faces. Words came to me from God. The words were “Susie, see these children. This is why you are here.”

I am still not sure where all these children came from as there was no village in sight. Maybe they were school children returning home. I will never know for sure. But what I do know is that they were angels (messengers) from God that lifted a weary soul at the very moment it was needed.

God is good!!! All the time!!!

Application Question: When you need help, do you think to ask God?

Prayer: Dear Lord, we need you, oh how we need you. Help us to remember that all we have to do is ask and, in your love and mercy, you will provide and sustain us. Amen.



Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: