Thursday, October 7, 2021

From @mmm_water ... 2021 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2019. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

October 7, 2021

MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Tim Exley
Volunteer, Georgia

"Some friends play at friendship but a true friend sticks closer than one’s nearest kin.” Proverbs 18:24

During my 10 years of traveling to Africa with MMM, one of the greatest gifts I have received is the friendships I have made with the MMM folks there. They are like family joined by a common bond and love for others. One of the things I look forward to most is not only seeing them, but sharing what has been happening with our families.

I had the priviledge of meeting Rev. Mwasakifwa in Tanzania in 2007. There was an immediate bond. Going back was something I always looked forward to because I knew I was going to see him and most likely his family, too. I have watched his children grow up, I’ve eaten in his home, and shared the joy of seeing so many wells installed over the years. It was very special when I got to host him in my home during one of his trips to the U.S., and he got to meet my family.

Not getting to go to Africa in 2019 because of a personal health issue, and then not being able to go in 2020 and now 2021 because of Covid-19 has been very difficult. At my age I don’t know how many more years I will be able to go, but it will be very difficult when I can’t. Not being able to see and work with the many MMM folks I have gotten to know in Africa will create a tremendous void in my life. And the same holds true for the Logans and the many U.S. volunteers I have gotten to know over the years.

And let us not forget the many people “behind the scenes” who support Marion financially and pray for everyone in the program. Although we may never meet them face to face, they are friends and family and key to Marion’s mission.

I truly believe that creating these friendships and bonds is part of the mission of MMM. I guess you could call it a mission of presence. You can truly say we are friends and members of God’s family.

Application Question: How can we support one another beyond the ways Marion brings us together?

Prayer: Heavenly Father, we pray that you will continue to support your family here on earth and draw us closer to love one another. We pray this in Your Son’s name. Amen.




Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: