Saturday, February 15, 2014

In the News ... "Midland Christian high school principal publishes e-book"

Ragini Venkatasubban, Reporter
Midland Reporter-Telegram

MIDLAND, TEXAS - Byron Myers said he sees God at work in his day-to-day life.

More than two years ago, the high school principal of Midland Christian School started blogging his weekly thoughts on devotionals. As principal of a Christian school for the past 23 years, he said he’s experienced many devotionals and felt the need to start writing them down.

“A lot of these thoughts, I just wanted to hold on to,” he said. “It’s whatever themes God is doing in my life. I notice how I will think of something, and then I will see it happening in other people’s lives, too. It’ll keep showing up. I see God working in different places.”

Whether it’s a life situation, sermon or personal problem, Myers takes the underlying biblical lesson of the issue and applies it in a practical way. That’s the theme of his first e-book, self-published on Amazon last month, “Weekly Devotional Thoughts: Weekly Practical Applications of God’s Word.”  • read the rest of this story 


No comments: