Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mercy Trips January-February Outreach Trip: "Something About Sunday at Church and/or at Sisiyi Falls"

Partnering with local healthcare workers and churches in medically underserved countries, Odessa, Texas-based Mercy Trips Healthcare Outreach provides free medical clinics and surgical care as an outreach of Christian love for our fellow man. Among them on this latest trip is Midland's own Dr. James Huston. 

"
Something About Sunday at Church and/or at Sisiyi Falls"


I think I was adopted by Joy, in clinic on Saturday, as she was with me all day that day & in church on Sunday and n JK on the way to Sisiyi Falls. As always, it was a relaxing Sunday afternoon and a break for all of us. We were ready for Monday's work.
- Jim

The church'm.m service was quite animated with African Song and Dance as well as modern calypso type music. The sermons by the church preacher were quite animated in both Lugandan and English simultaneously. Dr. Daniel's sermon was enlightening on the " meaning of life " according to Solomon, with resounding applause.The hike to the top of Sisiyi Falls pretty well kicked my _____, indicating that I need more aerobic training. The day was blessed by fun, food, comradere, and spirituality. Could not ask for more.
- Mark Van Wormer

The people at church were so inviting and made me feel welcomed. I have never been to a church service with so many people. I enjoyed Dr. Daniel's sermon. It was very heartfelt and lifted me !up. Going to Sisiyi Falls was so much fun. I enjoyed socializing with the nursing and surgical technologist students we have had with us all week.
- Grace

God created Sunday to be a day of rest and that is surely what we did! We had a long hard week serving and ended the week being guest at Chosen Church of Mbale. During the service we heard very energetic and uplifting music. Also Dr.Daniel gave a great sermon about God has a plan and purpose for our lives. He said that when we are going through trouble, there is no better way of overcoming then to give to someone in need. Also we had a great picnic and hike at beautiful Mount Elgon. What a wonderful day!!!
- Natalie

Sunday was such a great day of fellowship! It is awesome being able to go to church and worship Jesus with our team and other Ugandans! I love praise and worship at the church here! The people are so full of energy and joy. And then going to Sisiyi falls was beautiful! Then climbing up to the top of the falls was fun - there is a whole village of people that live up at the top. They were all very friendly and the children enjoyed having us take their pictures and they followed us around for a while. Overall it was a great day!
- Angie

I was so humbled worshipping with the Ugandans on Sunday. They praised God with their "hearts and voices. It was hot and crowded, but that didn't matter. I truly felt the joy of the Lord.
- Julie

I confess, I paid them all to say nice things about my sermon, JK -- thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed the hike up to the top of the falls too, but sure made me realize how out of shape I have gotten since I quit exercising after breaking my foot, thought I was going to run out of air (time to start climbing stairs again). Taught a couple of boys how to make a grass whistle, scared a couple of folks by getting close to the edge, a good time as usual.
- Craig


visit Mercy Trips' Facebook page 

No comments: