Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Word from Uganda: "So Proud!"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

So Proud!

So in Uganda, education is highly valued. And there is a high emphasis and training leading up to 3 key national examinations. This past November our second class of students sat for the P7 (end of primary school) leaving examination. It was our first time for Lulwanda Primary School to have its own "sitting center"number, which allows the school to receive credit (or discredit) on how well it is doing as a training institute.

All glory to God and appreciation to all of our staff and teachers because Lulwanda Primary School did AWESOME!


CLICK HERE to read the rest of Natalie's post

No comments: