Sunday, December 22, 2013

Soup's On!


It was my great pleasure this past Friday to join a group of volunteers - representing various churches around town and from the community in general - for lunch service at Soup Kitchen Ministry in Midland, Texas. Hot meals and warm fellowship were on the menu. It was a great opportunity to meet people and make new friends on both sides of the counter. Me? I was working the dishwasher ... getting back to my roots ... that was one of my first jobs when I was a kid, working at a restaurant in Dallas, Pennsylvania. I plan on going back regularly ... join me? Midland Soup Kitchen is located at 1401 Orchard Lane (on the corner of Orchard Lane and Carver Street), in southeast Midland. For more information, you can call them at (432) 686-7687.

No comments: