Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Word from Uganda: "Thanksgiving Recap"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

Thanksgiving Recap

Thanksgiving in Uganda means live turkey the day before. All was set for our gardener to bring a turkey he had scoped out (from his village) on Wednesday morning. As I saw him walk in the gate, turkey-less, I went out to see what was going on. Well, apparently the man he had planned to buy a turkey from had sold ALL of his turkeys the morning before to some butchers in town.

 • CLICK HERE to read the rest of Natalie's post 

No comments: