Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Will You Support Those Called to Lead?

Strength is synonymous with the image of America's armed forces. For Caleb Williams, a student at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary who serves in the Army's 143rd Airborne Infantry (Ranger) unit, strength comes from growing closer to God. Because of you, Williams can answer the call to become a military chaplain and pass this strength on to other soldiers.

Recently I had the opportunity to get to know Caleb and he shared how hard it was for him to get to seminary. He knew what God had planned, but he could not figure out the finances:

"I knew that God was calling me into the ministry but I thought it was an impossible request. I just did not see a way that I would be able to pay for it. I continued to hear God's call but when I researched seminaries around the country, it just was not feasible. I walked into Austin Seminary and laid out all the reasons why I could not come, and the admissions counselor kept giving me ways to overcome the barriers. Thanks to need-based scholarships, I will be able to take my passion for Christ and share it with veterans and my brothers and sisters in the military."

read the rest of Caleb's story

Scholarships are crucial for our student's success, and currently Austin Seminary is able to provide scholarships that cover 85% of tuition costs to 75% of our students.

Today I am asking for your help so we can continue to provide scholarships to those God is calling into ministry. Please make a gift to support annual scholarships to help seminarians like Caleb as they prepare to be the kind of leaders God has planned.

Faithfully,

– Theodore J. Wardlaw
President of Austin Seminary




For the glory of God and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary is a seminary in the Presbyterian-Reformed tradition whose mission is to educate and equip individuals for the ordained Christian ministry and other forms of Christian service and leadership; to employ its resources in the service of the church; to promote and engage in critical theological thought and research; and to be a winsome and exemplary community of God's people.

No comments: