Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Word from Uganda: "I live in the most beautiful place! "

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

I live in the most beautiful place!

Different towns in Uganda are known for different things:

- the capital is great for the big city feel, traffic jam, and if you are willing to pay the price, you can get just about anything.
- Jinja is mzungu central, with so many NGO's and many great places to eat
- (I haven't really been many places in west Uganda so I can't comment on them)

But my town, Mbale, is the most beautiful place. On the foothills of Mt. Elgon, is the smaller Mt. Wanale. Having gazed on this mountains beauty for the past (almost) 7 years, I finally decided to climb it.

With the company of some great people, we started our adventure up the mountain ...


 • read the rest of Natalie's post ... 



No comments: