Wednesday, October 16, 2019

From @mmm_water ... 2019 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 14 - October 28 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2019. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

October 16, 2019

HERE I AM. SEND ME!
Kathy Manfredi
Volunteer, Illinois

“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying: ‘Who should I send? Who will go for Us?’ I said: ‘Here I am. Send me.’”
Isaiah 6:8

Recently I’ve enjoyed watching my grandchildren as they develop the skills necessary to make decisions. Although very young, they’re learning what to consider and the consequences of each decision. What risks are involved and who might be affected? Are other choices to be considered? Should we seek advice from someone with more knowledge or experience? What’s our motivation and is it in line with our values and passions?

When I decided to go to Malawi, I thought I’d taken all this into consideration. Recalling my careful deliberations helped me face the challenges and make the most of my opportunities. I was excited and filled with a sense of adventure. Our decisions, though, no matter how carefully weighed, often have unforeseen consequences. Not until I actually arrived in Malawi did the reality fully hit. I was so far from my family, home and everything I knew. I felt alone and was fearful I’d made the wrong choice.

Then, I began to see and feel the REAL consequences of my decision. The MMM staff and workers were wholly committed to their work. The villagers dug the wells, built the bricks, and worked day in and day out to make their wells a reality. We were constantly met with smiles, singing, and dancing because we brought clean, pure, fresh water – the gift of LIFE – to these villages. At some point, each of us in the process had heard God’s voice and answered, “Here I am. Send me.”

God expects us to carefully weigh our decisions, but also to be open to unanticipated opportunities. From the minute we open our eyes each morning we make decisions. How will we spend our days? What will we say and do? With whom will we spend our time? How will we spend our life? Years ago I heard, “Life is not just. It’s simply a space of time given to us. We do with it what we can.” Many things in life are not fair or just, but we can answer the injustice of the world when we put our trust in God and say, “Here I am. Send me.”

Application Question: Where have you heard ‘Who should I send? Who will go for Us?’ When has God seen you answer, “Here I am. Send me.”?

Prayer: Dear God, help me to open my ears & heart when You ask, “Who should I send?” Give me the courage & strength to trust You by answering “Here I am. Send me!”




Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: