Friday, October 18, 2019

From @mmm_water ... 2019 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 14 - October 28 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2019. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

October 18, 2019

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Jessi Stitt
Volunteer, North Carolina

“The LORD was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.”
Exodus 13:21

We were headed out for our installations and we came to our second police roadblock. The first had checked my license and the truck’s insurance sticker and let us through. Seven minutes later, we came to the second block. The officer greeted me and then my partner and then asked me, “Where are you going?” ‘I don’t know.’ He looked flabbergasted, “You don’t know? How can you, the driver, go?” I pointed at our Field Officer and said, ‘He’s our navigator.’ “So he’s your compass?” ‘Yes.’ And he let us go.

As I drove, I realized the truth in that interaction. We volunteers get in our trucks each morning, knowing (maybe) what direction we’re headed and (maybe) how many wells we are aiming to install. We bring our compasses with us because we have NO idea where we are going. And after some of the roads (very loose term), I think it might be best that we don’t know where the day will take us because if we knew, we might not agree to go.

I often joke with my Field Officer when we come to a cross road or split and he tells me to go left...almost always my instinct would have been the opposite turn. ‘It’s a good thing I didn’t leave you at the last well, we’d never have gotten back.’ But it isn’t a joke...we need our compass, our navigator and our trust to take us where we need to go.

Application Question: How do you keep pointed in the right direction? Who or what is your compass?

Prayer: Dear God, thank You putting the path in front of us. Though we can’t see very far ahead, keep us moving forward in Your ways and in Your light. Help us to follow You in love. Amen.




Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: