Thursday, November 20, 2014

In the News ... "Feeding the community"

OA Photo by Mark Sterkel
• FBC features First Cup Café serving people of downtown

By Jared Wilson, Reporter
Odessa American

ODESSA, TEXAS - Jennifer Cochran remembers her calling to First Baptist Church while hearing about their opening for a food service director and seeing an ad for the position. She recalls being asked to take the position after retiring from the Career Center where she had a hand in starting the Culinary Art Program.

“God led me here, he works in mysterious ways,” Cochran said. “I found out that the church had an opening for a food service director so I started thinking about it and people at the church called me about it. I was thinking it over and I finally saw an ad in the paper for the position and I said ‘OK God I’m going’. I took it as a retirement job.”

That is how Cochran got started at FBC but the small retirement job she thought she was walking into soon blossomed into something much more with the added renovations at the church ...

read the rest of this OA report ...


No comments: